Monday, November 16, 2009

Open Season

The boys took off on Friday for their GREAT GRANT COUNTY ADVENTURE! Yes, as all those crazy camo hunters hauling trailers, 4-wheelers, and hunters orange descended into hunting heaven, my boys were right there part of the action! As I was told, they prepared deer stands, hunted, took breaks at the house, and saw ALL the action, as friends dropped by throughout the weekend to eat some Gumbo and Boiled Shrimp (courtesy of Frydaddy!) and show off their kill. Besides all the hunting action, they also fed goats, shot the Beebe gun (a few squirrels are a little gun shy, due to Jayden!),played with cats, rabbits, cows and horses. WHEH! it makes me tired just thinking about it! The boys were exhausted (including Kerry) when they returned.

And what you ask were Evan and I up to? Well, we headed to Pop and CiCi's lake house for a mini getaway. Evan was feeling so left out, we had to do something to make it special, and you know how he loves the lake house. Thanks to Papaw and Ninny for providing such a great hunting camp for my boys -- they'll be back!
*"Mr. Mike" and Hayden were part of the crew that headed down from NWA. Here's a pic of Hayden and Papaw.
*I was dependent on Kerry for pics - so no cute group photos of boys in camo, like I had hoped for!

No comments: