Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
When I picked him up from school and they called out, "Jayden and Kyler Pitts" - they headed to the car with their arms around each other and the biggest grins ever! I thought I might cry! He turned into Mr. Chatterbox all night and told us everything that he did in school! He was right, I think he loves it!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Kyler: Kyler didn't know who his teacher was until tonight. He has a brand new teacher, Mrs. Curtis! She is a recent graduate of OBU and I think she is going to be great! Kyler got to see his cubby and put his nap mat up. His seat is in the back of the class with 4 other classmates around him in a group. He settled right in, and had fun playing puppets with some of his new classmates. He even has a T-ball team mate who sits across the the aisle from him. I think he is ready! When I asked him what he thought about everything he said, "I think I'll love it!" and I think he will too!
Jayden: Apparantly, Jayden's teacher didn't read "the file", because his seat was very back right! I am going to estimate that this placement lasts til, mmm day 2! I even mentioned that Jayden might be more "successful" in the front of the class (possibly handcuffed to the teacher! -okay I left that part out!). Jayden did his usual politicing and worked the room. He has a few classmates from last year and a teammate from baseball. As he walks down the hallway you can hear, "Jayden. . . hey, Jayden. . . " as he passes out knucks and fives. In Jayden 's words, "I've been going to this school for 2 years now. . . " so, yeah - he's an old pro!
Evan: Okay, Evan was just along for the ride. . . but, he insisted on wearing his backpack and carrying his lunch box (which he had packed with a spare pair of shoes!). In Jayden's room, promptly after having a seat, he announced "rainbow" -- most of you know what this means, if not -- well, that's why we have a code word! When Kyler's teacher was showing him his cubby, Evan took it upon himself to claim a few cubbies of his own! Most of his time was spent roaming the hallways with Kerry while I took care of classroom business.
1. Arkadelphia: Jayden, Evan and I left to pick up Kyler from his vacation in Arkadelphia. The boys just love having their one on one time with CiCi and Pop and being spoiled rotten! However -- the "I'm the boss" mentality takes a while to be deprogrammed! We had fun playing outside and hanging with the Oosterhous boys while we were there.
2. Hot Springs: After picking up Kyler we headed to Hot Springs to get in that last minute lake trip! Kerry had his annual golf outing Friday-Sunday, so it was just me and the boys. They wore the pool out and did lots of turtle hunting.
3. Glenwood: During our stay in Hot Springs, we headed to Glenwood for the day to spend time with the Oosterhous crew! The boys absolutly LOVED the river and Mr. Tim even took all 4 big boys out -- Jayden and Kyler are still talking about Mr. Tim's kayak abilities -- apparantly he can "pop a wheely"???!! Can you believe that between Kara and I, neither one had a camera to capture all this?? 6 boys, just being boys! It was a sight! Thanks Oosterhous crew!
4. Leaky Roof: This has taken a while for us to figure out - but after returning home from our extended weekend, we had a roof leak. Yesterday, we were informed by our neighbor that we missed the hail storm of the century and everyone around us has major hail damage! Between the ice storm and the hail storm, we are thankful for our insurance!
5. THE SHOT: Kyler had his MMR vaccine to get done before kindergarten -- b/c of his egg allergy we had to have it done in his allergists' office. Really, it's just a precaution and he has had one before with no reaction. Because this was suppossed to be no big deal, I brought all three boys with me. 15 minutes after the shot, I looked at Kyler, who was somewhat dazed and acting tired. Not until I lifted up his shirt and saw hives covering his back, stomach and neck did I realize what had happened. We rushed him back upstairs and he was given a shot of epinephrin. Even his allergist was shoked. As he was getting his epi shot, I was on the phone with Amy (our babysitter) for to come pick up Jayden and Evan so I could give full attention to Kyler. He is just fine now -- but boy what a scare! And now we have the lurking possibility that he is allergic to gelatin or a binding agent that was in the shot! Just what we need as we approach kindergarten!
6. Dentist appts, haircuts, school supply shopping. . . . "Back to school Bootcamp" has been in full swing these last few weeks.
That is me checking off "update blog", now on to #1,237!