Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks: 2010

The short version: Fayetteville to Arkadelphia to Carlisle to Sheridan to Arkadelphia to Fayetteville.
The Long Version: We (and by WE, I mean . . . 3 DOGS, 3 KIDS, 1 DIRT BIKE, 1 ICE CHEST and LOTS OF LUGGAGE!) left on Tuesday evening and headed south for the holidays. . .
The boys and I hung around "the Arkadelphia house" with Pop and CiCi . . .
Pop carving the boys initials in a tree. . .






Kara and Jenny and their crew hung out for a little scavenger hunt . . .7 boys and 1 little sweet girl between the three of us!







Then we met up with Kerry and spent Thanksgiving Day in Carlisle with MeMe. Here are the boys playing a little Wii -- I think MeMe enjoyed watching them play!

Then on Thanksgiving Evening (after seeing Uncle G and crew -- no pics of them, I'll get them next time!), we headed to Sheridan. . .

The boys resumed normal "deer camp" activities. . .

They even got to be Cowboys with Papaw!




















They showed me around their stomping grounds. . . I got a ride on the back of "Kyler's" fourwheeler!
And they hung out with the goats. . .
Then we headed back to Arkadelphia to celebrate with the "Daily" crew . . .


The monopoly players. . .
Be careful putting a puzzle out with these 2 around. . . they can't quit!

We cheered on the HOGs in the presence of LSU fans!!!
We returned in shifts -- shift 1: Kerry and Evan in his car and Me and Kyler (and CoCo) in mine left Saturday night. . . Jayden returned with Aunti M and Mim (and dogs) on Sunday.
We are so thankful for our families and the great times we spend with them!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

It really has been bothering me that Kerry and I didn't get to finish that puzzle. I guess we need something to do at Christmas!

Stephanie Wood Smith said...

I love the family photo on your parents front steps! :) I miss the Daily family!