Saturday, April 2, 2011

Derby Day!

I'm not talking about the horse race I'm talking Hamster Derby! The boys have been so excited about this since they got their hamsters and really wanted to go -- Snoopy has even been doing some training (Nibbles is still pretty new to our fam). I wasn't going to let the boys do it because they had school today (yuk I know, it's the last Saturday Snow Make-up Day) BUT, I decided I would go ahead and check them out a little early and let them go (what a cool Mom, huh?!) Here is Snoopy coming to the finish line on his first race. . .
Here is Nibbles at the starting line - Kyler is trying to get him to move forward - he wasn't being real cooperative!
Snoopy made it to the finals!!!

Snoopy brings home the 2nd place prize!!! Jayden was so happy and proud of Snoop! Kyler, however, broke out in quivering tears -- so I had one super happy kid and one crying kid and Evan was hungry and fussy -- Hamster Derby's are stressful! All was okay in the end -- I heard Kyler sweetly talking to Nibbles on the way home and saying that he still loved him even though he didn't win the race and it was okay. I really never dreamed I would be at a Hamster Derby, actually I never knew they existed -- oh the the things you learn:)!

No comments: