Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Easy Livin' in the Big Easy

The boys and I were New Orleans bound after football camp.  We headed straight south right into the Big Easy!  Our first night and part of Thursday it was just me and the kiddos until Kerry's flight got in Thursday evening.
Luckily, Jayden did not inherit my sense of direction (or should I say lack of!).  He got right to the french market!  These boys know how to use their puppy dog eyes and get some good french market deals!
Of course we had great food!  Can't beat New Orleans oysters! yummo!  I must admit that on the first night we dined on room service of the boys choice - mac and cheese, pizza, spaghetti, fries and grilled cheese - NOT my idea of NOLA dining - but I was worn out, and didn't feel like traipsing through New Orleans with the boys!  I told Kyler I was in need of some serious girl time . . . he looked at me very serious and understanding like and said, "you should go to Victoria's Secret . .  it's a girl place and you can find out what's the secret"  hahah!  Needless to say, we were missing Kerry and ready for him to join the fun!
These boys are just a cardboard box for tips away from street performers!
Kerry and the boys spent almost an entire day at the World War II museum(no pics) - they looovved it! I was getting my much need girl time in :)
 The boys were pooped each night after dinner - so a movie on the tube was just what they wanted to do!
Jayden is my Cafe' Du monde  partner - we love us some beignets!
 Kerry, Kyler and Evan feasted on some good ole' New Orleans home cooked breakfast at Mothers.  
It was a fun stop off!  We were glad to have the whole party back together and ready to head on into the Sunshine State on Saturday!

No comments: