Tuesday, November 12, 2013

JOYFUL HEARTS

 I"m not going to lie . .  the Pitts crew had one heck of a rough week!  We went from fun fall festivities to the Emergency Room in a heart beat (well maybe, in a bunch of racing heart beats!)  One minute you are returning from a family Halloween party, the next you are tearfully heading to the ER with what is sure to be a broken heart.  It AMAZES me how calmly this all went down. Luckily, Pop and CiCi were minutes away and friends were ready to keep the Pittsboys moving as normal.  

 Really the specifics of the ER happenings are best just summed up . .  scary!  When your heart is not operating properly, it's just SCARY!  After several  attempts to slow it down (stopping my heart and starting it up again- was involved . .  scary!) we were moved to a cardiology room and would remain there until Thursday.  I just remember thinking in the ER. .  wait, I need a second to say a quick prayer before you do this next thing.  Thankfully, I'm pretty sure I had some prayers going up on my behalf.
The boys were entertained during all of this with a birthday party for Evan's friend and some outings with CiCi and Pop.

Business as usual for the Pittsboys Thanks to CiCi and Pop.  What a rough week to have to pick up the pieces on . .  Drug free week means theme days EVERY day, so it wasn't just your average week!
Again, so many friends came through for us . .  keeping our boys going . . Halloween dances, football activities and just being there to occupy them and keep their minds from worry.  

Pumpkin carving day with Daddy!  Kerry was a champ - work duties, daddy duties and sleepless nights at the hospital taking care of me.

 Although at the time I didn't feel a joyful heart . .  hind sight I am so grateful for the way things happened . . because it could have been so much worse.  I was wheeled in for a fix the problem procedure and wheeled out with an unexpected pacemaker, after some retrospect and healing --now my heart couldn't be more joyful!
I was home by Halloween night, but wasn't quite up for the Halloween candy haul - my little spooks hauled it in though!
 The boys last day to wear jerseys to school.  We were happy to be reunited and beginning to get things back to normal.  I am WOWed by the loads of food (w/great attention to allergies as well!) that has been delivered to us for 2 weeks!  I am WOWed that my Mom can handle the stress of her" baby" being sick, and keep the Pitts household moving. I am WOWed by the concern, prayers, thoughts and offers to help with the kids.  I am WOWed by it all!  Much Love and Much Thanks to all who did and still are WOWing us!

I can't think of a better way to begin a NEW week with a NEWly joyful heart, than by watching these two angelic boys bring the light of the world into the church and out into the world.  Kyler's first acolyte duty involved extra lighting (as it was dedication Sunday) and was communion Sunday . . these two brothers shown bright!  Oh, how things have changed in a weeks time and Oh, how joyful our hearts are!

1 comment:

Kara Oosterhous said...

Love, love, love you my dear sweet friend! I am so glad that you are on the mend! You all have been in my thoughts and prayers! Can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving Roo!