Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We got off to a late start due to waiting on a doc appt for me . .  Kyler didn't mind . . .he loves a lounge day!
 Once we had the all clear we headed out on Tuesday.

It just happened to be my birthday . .  so I got some special treatment once we got to Arkadoo . . a tutu and all!Even though there are plenty of sleeping options, somehow I ended up sandwiched between two kids each night (Kyler likes to have the basement!).  Two kids, plus a fluttering heart, makes for not very good sleep!
The Oosterhous boys stayed and played for a while and the Williams crew came too (there is a group pic of everyone out there somewhere . . I'll try to add it soon!)
 Then it was off to meet up with Kerry in Carlisle . . . .
 Cooking and eating a Thanksgiving dinner . . .
 Playing out some energy at the Carlisle park . . .
Lounging with a full tummy . . .

Celebrating MeMe's 90th Birthday with the other Pitts crew . . . 
 Then back to Arkadoo to meet up with the rest of the crew for Thanksgiving dinner . . .
It seemed like a long week . . lots of traveling, starting off with a racing heart scare on Sunday night and lots of little flutters - made me not as Thankful as I should have been!  Maybe it was the combo of a Birthday and nearing the 4 week anniversary off all this heart mess -- it's only been 4 weeks??? seems like 6 months to me! 
Well, the partys over . .  the pity party, that is!  Sunday I gave Kerry permission to me my annoying cheerleader/drill Sargent (as I realized I needed a push!) and by Monday I was doing my first run with the new ticker.  Believe me, I dreaded this and had thousands of  "what ifs" racing through my mind - but we did it! 2 of the longest miles I will ever run!  I'm thankful to put this behind me and be normal - I'm a little tardy on my Thankfulness - better late than never though!

No comments: