Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Home is Where the Heart Is

 . .  and for almost 8 years. .  our home and heart have been here!  It's official, the sprucing is done, the clutter is calmed and the sign is up!  Seems like yesterday I was 8 months preggo and we were moving in with 2 toddlers - and here we are with a 7, 10 and 12 year old!




 This deck has earned it's keep.  We have spent a good percentage of that 8 years right here . . . having cozy coupe races in circles, eating dinners, kiddie pools and water hose fights  and now to hot tubbin'.  
Thank goodness for Dad to the rescue - we needed his picky eye and fix-anything abilities` from paint to plumbing to woodwork!  I'm stressed just thinking about it - glad it's DONE! Although, it's not a piece of cake keeping all this "show ready" -- There's not much I can fix about 3 rowdy boys, lots of snow days and luckily LOTS of showings!  I mean life does have to go on . . laundry, muddy shoes, pets, cooking, eating and 4 boys who can't hit the toilet . .  you get the picture!
**side note - when we show the house (it took me two showings to figure this out!) I put the cat and dog in my car.  1st showing - on way to Rogers - cat POOPS in the car (disgusting smell, let me tell you!).  2nd showing - 2 minutes out of the driveway - cat POOPS in the car.  (more disgusting this time!). THEN, we learn when we take to board him last weekend that he was a rescue kitten and was found locked in an abandoned truck at Taco Bell . .  how guilty do I feel for being mad at the poor car - who was obviously traumatized by the CAR! We have a new system for Waldo during showings now, thank goodness that got worked out! yuk!

2333 has been a great address for the Pitts family all these years and I know it's going to have the heart of another family soon!

No comments: