Sunday, June 20, 2010

On Our Way!

We headed out on Friday, mid-morning. This is a pic of the boys' travel packs I made them. . . complete with snacks, gum, sticker/coloring books and markers and a few random surprises -- all a boy needs to get him through a long trip! By the time we hit Westfork (15 minutes outside of Fayetteville) - Evan said, "I don't see the water out there?!" - Kerry and I looked at each other and knew it would be a long trip!
The boys were great! We spent the night in Daphne and did a little swimming before bedtime.

Here they are in the hotel room - we had three beds if you include the couch hide-a-bed -- it was perfect!
Then Saturday morning we went to the USS Alabama - I must admit that I have toured this as a child on our own family vacations - HOWEVER, never did I get as much out of it as my boys (and I mean all FOUR of my boys!) THEY LOVED IT! They ran from one thing to the next in awe and amazement and total excitement!


All the boys in from of the ship . . .





The boys trying out the bunks inside -- I am thinking we need this at the condo for the boys to sleep in!




Just checking everything out. . . .

Notice that Jayden's mouth is making shot sounds as he re-enacts a battle . . .









Kyler also making some sound effects. . .













Then --we can't go across the Florida line without going to the Florida Welcome Center -- this is a family tradition of Kerry's ---you stop, drink your free Florida orange juice (I tried to deny my complimentary cup and Kerry looked at me like I was crazy, so even though I'm not an OJ drinker, I downed it!), and then you pick out brochures and head on into the sunny state!


Evan enjoying his OJ . . .






The boys gathering their brochures to read and look over in the car. . .



We made it! The trip was a success - and the boys were just great! We are ready for some beach living!




No comments: