Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's a "PIG" Deal

This weekend Kerry and I did the Hogeye Half Marathon . .  13.1 MILES!  Wahoo! It was Kerry's first Half EVER and he did the IronPig Duathlon last weekend - wow!  But, I did beat him:)
Joe and Julie came up the night before and we all had dinner on Dickson.  We weren't much of a party crew - Joe was running the FULL . .26.2 - Go Joe!! A HUGE thank you to Aunti M who did a Tri-athlon of her own (Jayden, Kyler, Evan) probably the toughest TRI around:)
Check out these cool dudes before the Run. 

I was able to get this shot of Joe mid-race.  I also texted Kerry using Ceri while I was running --talk about multi-tasking!  AND - I was able to get a pic of  this guy passing out BEER around mile 9 . . . I thought it was water!  Not exactly what I needed (or wanted) at that point!  Pretty funny, though!  Things like that make the runs fun and entertaining!

 And here he comes, into the stretch . .  Joseph Kerry Pitts of Fayetteville . . .:)  At this point we were under a TORNADO WARNING!  We beat the pouring rain but it was windy, hilly and there was impeading tornadic activity -- everytime we would run through an underground tunnel I would try to remember where it was in case I heard the tornado siren -- I was planning to run back there! (you know how I am about storms . .  if I would have seen lightning I bet my time would have been MUCH better!)
 If you were running the Full  . . . I would bet it was pretty miserable.  Pouring Rain for th last 8 or so miles.  We all survived and we all crossed the finish line and we all got a medal -- go us!  Me: 13.1; Kerry: 13.1; Joe: 26.2!

No comments: