Wednesday, April 12, 2017

South Bound Bonus Trip

Kerry's flights are already scheduled for the week after Easter - but he is being missed - and I'm pretty positive he misses us too!  Therefore . .  he booked a flight on Thursday night and was southbound by 8am Friday morning!  I'm glad to have my other half back . . . it's hard running this frat house all by myself!  We left the boys Saturday and headed to Key West . . a full day of  browsing the streets, sipping rum punches, shopping and yummy food with my Love! It was a day well spent!
On Sunday, we went straight from Palm Sunday Service to a boat and headed to the Reef for some snorkeling.  I didn't get any cool underwater shots . . but I did manage to get a full family picture!  It was neat to have some time on the water and explore our ocean neighbors!
By Tuesday it was time to head to Miami for Kerry to catch his flight, but first . . .  Miami exploring Pitts style!  We didn't get to take him to our mountain biking spot (next time) but Dave and Busters and Paint Ball was on the agenda!  (Maybe next time we can just lounge at South Beach and do a little shopping . . anyone? anyone?  . . . I'm always out-voted!) 
It's serious stuff. . . we shut the place down - like, really - our time there spanned several shifts of groups coming and going. 

  
It was a fun bonus trip filled with family dinners out, sun sets and hot tubbing at Banana Bay, fishing, boating and beach time! Time to head back to the Islands, minus a Pitts - but he will be back in just one short week and half!


No comments: