Sunday, February 11, 2018

Down in the Islands


Before Kerry left he set up a fishing trip for Jayden on the Gold Reserve.  The other two aren't quite old enough to take off on a fishing boat into the deep blue sea all day . .  so, I drove Jayden prior to the crack of dawn to the Marina in Islamorada and then returned that afternoon to pick him up.

While I was waiting on the boat to come in, I watched as they set up for a cooking show.  I THOUGHT, it was just a local Keys thing, but turns out it was none other than GORDON RAMSEY!  To put things in perspective . .  at the very time that I was watching this, our foodie (Kyler) was finishing up the last of his binge watching of Hells Kitchen.
Jayden got off the boat from a great day of fishing and we all realized what was going on before our eyes!  It was a great day for Jayden and so very hard to tell Kyler what was happening just a few island hops away -- but too far to go get him and be back before it was all over. 
Kyler and I ended up returning to the spot only to find some trash left by the crew and whispers on the dock and post card Inn that Gordon Ramsey had made a stop off.  You just never know who will in the KEYS!

Kyler and Evan took tennis lessons through the Marathon Parks and Rec.  The courts are just down the road.  
I take daily runs and sometimes I snap photos of the simple things I see that I love.  You know, so that when I am back in Arkansas and need to "go to the Island in my mind" I can!
Jayden got a job at the Jacobs Aquatic Center in Key Largo . .  its a little bit of a drive (a beautiful one though!).  Doesn't get much better than having your first official job be as a Life Guard in the Keys!

There is a pet store just down the street and we have been frequenting it as we prepare for the arrival of Mango.  This birdie loves Kyler!

I caught Jayden coming to the care after work . .  doesn't he look official?!
Sometimes when we drop off Jayden in Key Largo, we just head on to Miami!  We hit the Miami Zoo  this day!

Lifeguarding, tennis and island duties before we head back to Arkansas for a week.

No comments: