Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Evan James!


Evan turned 3! What a great year it has been and he has learned so many things (good and bad) and grown into such a little Pitts boy! Here are some things to remember about this year . . . this has been his "stinker" time - you know the whole "terrible twos"-- but I wouldn't call them terrible at all, just a little cantankuras at times! He likes to do everything all by himself. If you even remotely mention "going" anywhere he is headed to his closet to get his shoes and he is NOT missing out on going anywhere! "I wanna go, I wanna go" his favorite saying this year. Also, likes to pat the couch and say "lax, momma, lax" -- translation: sit down "relax" and let me play with your hair. Can't leave out the HAIR issues: since he was a baby he has liked my hair and I think it is getting worse! He likes to take the end of my hair and rub it on his lips, nose, belly, just about anywhere. As a therapist I have decided that this is perfectly normal and just a comforting, self soothing thing - similar to a pacy-- oh and he also has his BINK- a white (well, used to be) baby blanket that he also uses to self sooth. What can I say -- he's the BABY! What a cutie our Evan is - those dark brown eyes and dark brown hair, he's hard to say no to. As he has been appraching the 3 year mark he has gotten a little fiesty with his brothers - he is no longer the spectator, but will jump right in there and do what needs to be done to get what he wants -- he's a toughy! I can't wait to see what year 4 brings us! Happy Birthday Evan James!

No comments: