Monday, April 26, 2010

Girls Just Wanna. . .

. . . Shop, Eat and SLEEP (ohhh -- and HAVE FUN!) I headed out on Thursday for a girls weekend of shopping and fun in Chicago! As I was telling Jayden and Kyler about my trip and that I would be meeting "Ms. Kara and Ms. Jenny" I realized that Jayden is the same age I was when I met my lifetime BFF's! (man that makes me feel old!)









The sisters. . .













Me and Kara . . .



















Me and Jenny . . . This is after poor Kara had to take an early flight home due to Kidney stones!! We missed her our last day and night, but are glad she was able to make it home. Darn those Kidney Stones!!!

We had alot of fun! We even worked in a "chick-flick" -- I think it's the first movie I have seen at the theater that didn't involve animation or a talking animal in like a year! I am glad that Richard planned this little get away for Jenny and that I got to enjoy it as well! AND - hooray for Hubby of the Year . . When I returned the laundry was all done, the house was in good shape and the kids were all in one piece . . go super dad!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Looks like fun! You may feel old, but you all looked super hip in the pictures. :)

Stephanie Wood Smith said...

I remember always looking up to you, Kara and Jenny while growing up! I'll never forget when Kara commented on how pretty my nails were one time, I felt so "cool" lol! I'm so glad you girls got to get away and have fun!