Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Ironpig Duathlon!

Just call our fam athletic:)! This weekend Kerry, Mom and I participated in the Ironpig Duathlon and the boys (Jayden and Kyler) ran in the kids run!! AND - I cannot forget that Pop and Mim got their own workout as they kept the boys 'til we crossed the finishline (and we all did --yay!)



We didn't get to see the boys in action because we were in the midst of our own run, but Pop and Mim were there to cheer them on! Jayden came in 4th and Kyler ran like a champ! yay!



My "untrained" husband took it in stride and seemed to complete the 3.5 mile run - 18 mile bike- 3.5 mile run with ease! (we will blame his success on the fact that he has done TRIathlons before!) I feel quite accomplished in that I finished- considering my bike training was little to none! My legs were feeling it that last run, though! AND -GO MOM! I only hope that in 20 years I can do as well as she did!!















Afterwards. . .








I'm not a beer drinker - however, when you are exhausted and your legs feel like jelly you just can't beat it-- I think I drank it quicker than Kerry:)!







No comments: