Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Islanders Part 6, Final Hop: Spring Break 2013

Miami bound with some stops along the way!
I guess it's time to get back to reality, Bye Bye Keys!
We headed straight for Holiday Isle to do some Gator hunting and air boat riding (in previous post).  We stayed at an Embassy Suites close to the airport where we could get in some last minute swimming before heading home.

As all 5 us lugged our luggage and carry ons from the rental car place to check-in-- I had a flip flop mis-hap!  The moving side walk ATE IT, WHILE IT WAS ON MY FOOT!  The craziest thing!  Thankfully my big toe is still attached! The rest of the crew was ahead of me and just kept on moving.  Not knowing that an entire group of people behind me got jolted to a halt.  3 Men got down on hands and knees and tried to pull my flop out - it wasn't happening - only the heel was still showing!  I guess you could say . . . I blew out my flip flop!  Not quite what Jimmy Buffet had in mind!
 Besides that craziness, the rest of the trip was pretty smooth flying.  Mr. Mountain Dew was worn out this go around!
These boys are happy with snacks and their electronics.  It was SNOWING and COLD when we got back to Fayetteville.  We are still trying to adjust to this Non-Island Living!  Sunshine, water, sand, palm trees and fun . .  a great getaway with all my guys!

No comments: