Tuesday, August 18, 2009

To Do List #1,236: UPDATE BLOG!

Okay, I need to knock this off the list -- so let me sum up the last few weeks. I want to make sure I get it all in, because we have had some great things happening around here and the summer is almost up!

1. Arkadelphia: Jayden, Evan and I left to pick up Kyler from his vacation in Arkadelphia. The boys just love having their one on one time with CiCi and Pop and being spoiled rotten! However -- the "I'm the boss" mentality takes a while to be deprogrammed! We had fun playing outside and hanging with the Oosterhous boys while we were there.

2. Hot Springs: After picking up Kyler we headed to Hot Springs to get in that last minute lake trip! Kerry had his annual golf outing Friday-Sunday, so it was just me and the boys. They wore the pool out and did lots of turtle hunting.

3. Glenwood: During our stay in Hot Springs, we headed to Glenwood for the day to spend time with the Oosterhous crew! The boys absolutly LOVED the river and Mr. Tim even took all 4 big boys out -- Jayden and Kyler are still talking about Mr. Tim's kayak abilities -- apparantly he can "pop a wheely"???!! Can you believe that between Kara and I, neither one had a camera to capture all this?? 6 boys, just being boys! It was a sight! Thanks Oosterhous crew!

4. Leaky Roof: This has taken a while for us to figure out - but after returning home from our extended weekend, we had a roof leak. Yesterday, we were informed by our neighbor that we missed the hail storm of the century and everyone around us has major hail damage! Between the ice storm and the hail storm, we are thankful for our insurance!

5. THE SHOT: Kyler had his MMR vaccine to get done before kindergarten -- b/c of his egg allergy we had to have it done in his allergists' office. Really, it's just a precaution and he has had one before with no reaction. Because this was suppossed to be no big deal, I brought all three boys with me. 15 minutes after the shot, I looked at Kyler, who was somewhat dazed and acting tired. Not until I lifted up his shirt and saw hives covering his back, stomach and neck did I realize what had happened. We rushed him back upstairs and he was given a shot of epinephrin. Even his allergist was shoked. As he was getting his epi shot, I was on the phone with Amy (our babysitter) for to come pick up Jayden and Evan so I could give full attention to Kyler. He is just fine now -- but boy what a scare! And now we have the lurking possibility that he is allergic to gelatin or a binding agent that was in the shot! Just what we need as we approach kindergarten!

6. Dentist appts, haircuts, school supply shopping. . . . "Back to school Bootcamp" has been in full swing these last few weeks.

((CHECK))
That is me checking off "update blog", now on to #1,237!

No comments: