Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Open House Night

Last night was the open house at the boys elementary school. They each got to go to their classroom, meet their teacher and fill out paperwork.

Kyler: Kyler didn't know who his teacher was until tonight. He has a brand new teacher, Mrs. Curtis! She is a recent graduate of OBU and I think she is going to be great! Kyler got to see his cubby and put his nap mat up. His seat is in the back of the class with 4 other classmates around him in a group. He settled right in, and had fun playing puppets with some of his new classmates. He even has a T-ball team mate who sits across the the aisle from him. I think he is ready! When I asked him what he thought about everything he said, "I think I'll love it!" and I think he will too!

Jayden: Apparantly, Jayden's teacher didn't read "the file", because his seat was very back right! I am going to estimate that this placement lasts til, mmm day 2! I even mentioned that Jayden might be more "successful" in the front of the class (possibly handcuffed to the teacher! -okay I left that part out!). Jayden did his usual politicing and worked the room. He has a few classmates from last year and a teammate from baseball. As he walks down the hallway you can hear, "Jayden. . . hey, Jayden. . . " as he passes out knucks and fives. In Jayden 's words, "I've been going to this school for 2 years now. . . " so, yeah - he's an old pro!

Evan: Okay, Evan was just along for the ride. . . but, he insisted on wearing his backpack and carrying his lunch box (which he had packed with a spare pair of shoes!). In Jayden's room, promptly after having a seat, he announced "rainbow" -- most of you know what this means, if not -- well, that's why we have a code word! When Kyler's teacher was showing him his cubby, Evan took it upon himself to claim a few cubbies of his own! Most of his time was spent roaming the hallways with Kerry while I took care of classroom business.

No comments: