Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kyler's First Day of Kindergarten!






Anatomy of a Kindergartener: Bakugan lunch box, "scary" shark shirt, sling over backpack (which he reported that he was the ONLY kid in kindergarten with a sling over --only big kids have them!), and last but not least - light up Sketcher tennis shoes- which he just HAD to have.
He had a great first day! My first worry was getting him to get dressed in the morning, you know, he's my little hippy child --would rather stay in jammies or nude all day! But - he took it upon himself to get dressed this morning and was ready to go!
The whole gang walked him to his classroom, he got settled in his seat and started playing with the play-doh. He looked so sweet sitting there! Kerry and I peeked in on him once (okay twice) and he was smiling and playing and talking to his classmates.

When I picked him up from school and they called out, "Jayden and Kyler Pitts" - they headed to the car with their arms around each other and the biggest grins ever! I thought I might cry! He turned into Mr. Chatterbox all night and told us everything that he did in school! He was right, I think he loves it!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh - they are the sweetest! I wish I could have been there. My first day was not near as much fun.

The Williams said...

I am so proud of him! I cannot believe he is in Kindergarden. Did you "boo-hoo" or "ya-hoo" after you dropped him off?