Monday, March 14, 2011

I survived a boys bunkin' party

Last weekend Jayden had his birthday bunkin party with 3 of his friends - we had to reschedule it from it's original weekend because of the Saturday Snow day -- Yes, we went to school on Saturday! yuk! ANYWAY, we picked the boys up from school, went bowling, to eat pizza and home for some bunkin'. Sorry for the poor quality pics - I only had my phone with me - I think Auntie M got some pics of the b-day celebrating at the pizza joint-I'll have to get those from her.
Evan got to spend the night with Aunti M after the pizza party and Kyler was invited as a "buddy" to the whole party last minute . . .awwhh - getting to hang with the big kids:)!

I must say that I thought little about having boys over to spend the night, I mean I live with 4 of them and am quite used to wrestling and bodily function jokes. Also, I am usually really quick to point out when confronted about the woes of all boys - that I am glad I won't have to deal with all that emotional torment that girls put each other through --- well --- mid way through the night I was wishing for some "she's not my friend", nail painting and emotional breakdowns -- because what I was getting was head locks, body slams and bunk bed diving! At one point Kerry stood in the kitchen biting his nails as we listened to the clanging going on in the other room - Kyler would emerge every few minutes - his hair dishelved and shirt on sideways to take a breather and then head back for more! When you were sure someone was being harmed and entered the room you would find a pile of boys with smiles on their faces as they cannonballed onto each other and had their friend in a headlock! Wheh - we survived and no one left my home with injuries and they all had a good time. I am longing for a playroom or basement (or padded room) to send them to next time because they pretty much took over our house! The boys were polite and well behaved - they were just being boys! Jayden had a good time with his friends and is enjoying being 9 and I survived my first boys bunkin party!!!


No comments: