Monday, March 14, 2011

It's JUST FOOD!

Okay - I didn't give all the dets on the doctors appointment after the trip - cause really I wasn't ready! But now, I am . . . I thought I was prepared for all results - I had my medical notebook with all the past results and information, I had lists of questions for "if this, then this. . " and " if that, then that .. " The doctor even commented when he walked in the consultation room "wow, somebody's ready"-- and I thought I was! Then he said -- it's worse and showed the pictures and compared to last times and my heart sank - I wasn't prepared for that -- I was prepared for "no change" or "looks a little better" or maybe even "all clear!" I did rebound from my shock and asked question upon question and went over option upon option and although Kerry and I had decided this was the last elimination and we were going straight to meds - I was convinced otherwise. Basically, what doc was saying was that we have to think about the LONGTERM development, LONGTERM growth, LONGTERM issues and not on this 3 month trial. I know he is right, it's just that 3 months here and 3 months there has turned into YEARS and I just want my baby to be able to EAT!

So, we embark on another 3 month trial and add only wheat to our elimination for this trial. In case you forgot- that means he is off of these foods: milk, egg, soy, rice, oat, corn, wheat, beef, pork, seafood, legumes and nuts.

Kerry has reminded me (in the middle of my little mommy breakdown) that it's just food and we can do this! And that in the big scheme of things, this isn't so bad. And he's right! It is something we can control and can learn to control even better as he gets older, I was just so ready for some progress!

Kyler dosn't really know what he "can't" have now . . it's all really quite confusing anyway! We have just filled the house with snacks and food he CAN have. I just didn't think it would be good for him to go through - you can't have this, or this, or this anymore. . . so some health nuts we are:)! Kerry bought a smoker and has been making some delicious turkey and chicken for Kyler and we are finding little snacks and things to fill his tummy -- speaking of filling his tummy - he has started the "wonder" medicine: the doc gave him a prescription for a med that increases his appetite; this was what he ate today between 3:30 and bedtime: 4 bananans 4 fruit roll ups, speg. squash, marshmellows, carrots, bag of potatoe chips, smoked turkey, potatoes, more marshmellows and pepperoni -- I think it's working!:)

We can do this . . It's just food!

No comments: