Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Cinci Trip #4)

Well, we are back. . . good or bad news you ask? who knows! I am beginning to realize that I never leave Cincinnati with "good" news. As you know, we don't really know anything for certain until the biopsies come back - but I did have the opportunity to sit down with the doctor and nurse immediatley after his scope. The doc said it looks "better" -- so, you're thinking that's good right? --- I just don't know! Because . . . that means that WHEAT is part of it and wheat is such a bad thing lifestyle wise to have to eliminate along with all the others. He DID say there were some things we are going to be able to bring BACK into his diet (Hooray!) He also saw some ulcers lower down (but the upper part looks alot better) - he is going to see what that is - could be a virus or could just be regular ole reflux -- as if we don't have enough stuff going on! The doc, in the middle of me giving him"if this, than this" situations and me on the verge of a breakdown due to the wishy washy-ness of the situation asked me if I had ever tried "Hemp flour" - I wanted to say, "have YOU tried cooking with Hemp flour and no other grains to combine with it!?" Needless to say, I am frustrated and that frustration is minimizing as I come back to the reality that this may never be easy but we have to deal with it! Trip-wise it was pretty good . . . we had a non-stop flight, lots of shopping and a rental "Impala" that along with the gps took us all around Cincinnati! Here is Kyler with all his Kung Fu Panda toys we finally found at a
Toys R Us (thank you GPS)


Kyler is quite the seasoned traveler now . . .




Notice that his shirt says "pro" and he has become quite the Pro with this Cincinnati traveling stuff!

I always love traveling with my little travel partner and we do a good job of making it as fun as possible despite the reasons for the trip. I guess, maybe, we got "good" news because we are getting closer to figuring this all out, but "good" isn't always easy! I'll keep you informed - we should know something in 3-7 days and have our next plan of action!

1 comment:

Kara Oosterhous said...

Roo: Have been thinking about you guys. It is our last week of school and has been nutty here. Will call soon and catch up. You are an amazing mom and I know it SUCKS (excuse the lingo blog world) but if anyone can make it work I know you can. Kyler is one tough cookie and an AMAZING little man. Love you!