Friday, June 3, 2011

Moving On Up . . .ByeBye Williams Elementary :(

On Wednesday, the day Kyler and I were in flight back, Jayden had a Moving Up ceremony at school (so, so sad I missed this!). He was awarded for being on the Honor Roll all year and for being an ambassador. They also played a slide showing each 3rd grader as a kindergartener and now and had a quoate from them . . .and as they showed the pictures everyone said, "awhhh". Jayden told me that his "eyes got a little wet" during this part. Moving Up has been emotional for Jayden, he gets pretty sentimental about this kind of stuff and in his words. . . "I mean, I've been there since Kindergarten". He has had a great time at Williams, had great teachers and made great friends and we are so very proud him! I just know Ledbetter Intermediate is going to be just as great! Jayden and Marshall surrounded by girls after the ceremony . . .





Jayden wanted me to come up to the school and take some pictures of him at recess since this was his "last day" . . . however, when we got there he got kinda teary, and then to cover up his emotions he was mean toward me! (good thing I majored in psychology so I can pick up on all this!) I decided it best to take a few pics and get outta there!


This is Jayden coming to the car riders line . . .


. . and entering the car. . .


So we close a little chapter . . . a chapter that begun with Kindergarten - I can remember thinking he wasn't ready for Kindergarten, that it was too long of a school day, he was scared of the toilet (haha, really he was), scared of the dark at naptime and had all sorts of little issues and was exhausted by the end of the day - and now he leaves a 9 year-old-- smarter, more mature and quite the social butterfly --- I couldn't be more proud!


No comments: