Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Making of a REBEL!

Jayden just went to his first overnight camp and what better place to do it than OLE MISS! I had to work on deprogramming him before we got there -- teach him about FLIM FLAM, The Grove and Hotty Toddy and Kerry gave him some football history - Manning info - like why the speed limit around campus is "18" (Jayden thought that was pretty cool). I mean -- we couldn't have him breaking out in a Hog call in the middle of Hotty Toddy!

We got there in time to check out the campus --- The. Most. Beautiful campus . . . I don't care who you root for!

You can't go to Ole Miss and not get a pic in front of the Lyceum. Below is Jayden hanging out in the Grove . . .



Thankfully they did alot in the IPF (Indoor Practice Facility). It was HOT outside, but nice and air-conditioned in there! They had their games on the actual field, with the Jumbo-tron and everything. The schedule was down to the minute and had them going constantly from 7:30 wake up til 10:45 lights out (I mean, Jayden usually goes to bed by 8!)
It was hard to get good action shots - I might need to get a high speed camera for this sports stuff!(Jayden is in the blue shirt) It was fun to watch their drills and see how the coaches interacted with them -- I truely think, whether you are into sports or not, this is such a positive experience and teaches so much more than football!



Yes, that is Jayden on a coaches back! This was after the Coach asked if anyone wanted to tackle him - and guess who was right in the middle of that dog-pile and he just didn't let go:)!

One of the Coaches stopped me and said that if there was an award for "never stopping" would go to Jayden -- he said he was doing great! Jayden, never stopping? -- I think he gets that award at home too!

I was surprised how involved Coach Nutt was in the camp and boy can he preach it! I was listening to him talk to the kids one morning and felt pumped up and inspired and then realized he wasn't talking about football, he was talking about how great they were doing in the cafeteria putting up their treys!

Jayden had such a good time and says he's going back next year. What a great experience and I was so excited to get to convert one of my little Hogs . . . I heard him say a Hotty Toddy or two! I think he was born to yell FLIM-FLAM:)!

No comments: