Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fall Beginnings

I haven't been the best blogger like I had planned before school started, but stuff keeps happening! So, here's a little catch up -- School is going good thus far - teachers are liked, no known problems (as of yet), I am able to get both boys to both schools, Evan is cooperating with my gym schedule and we are learning some karate choppin' and tackling moves (just what we need, right?!). Evan and Kyler have started Karate . . . a new thing for us . . . but it's going good and they both really like it! Jayden gets a little jealous that he isn't doing it, but with football right now, its just not the time. (we have the one sport at a time rule, sometimes there is a little overlapping for a week or two, but for the most part we stick to that - I don't want over scheduled kids!)

Jayden's football season has begun and Kerry is a coach. He played last year, but this is the first year to play for his school -- announcers, cheerleaders and all! And per Coach Kerry - he can make some smack down hits! I'm just glad we have an outlet for all that energy -- better on the football field than my living room!
They actually start tackle football with the boys and girls club in the 2nd grade - so Kyler is old enough - but - another Pitts Rule -- no tackle football until 3rd grade. This is a Kerry rule, and I agree -- 2nd grade is a little young to be smacked around by older kids - so Kyler will get to play next year - for now, he likes to watch his brother and he really watches the game and knows what is going on!

Here are the spectators at the Football Jamboree -- Mim, Pop and CiCi were also all there to watch the scrimmages. Normally I don't deck the kids out in camo - but they were headed to a laser tag birthday party and had to dress the part:)!
We also had a birthday party for CiCi at Aunti M's house -- I didn't get any pictures of that, but it was great food and fun and Mim was there too! I think it's going to be a fun fall . . . and since I live amoungst boys and my entire home is a "man cave" we are ready for some football food (aka Man Food -- hot wings, dip, sausage balls, etc), a football game on the tube, and some fall style chillaxin! GO CARDINALS!

No comments: