Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bring in the New Year

Tonight is not exactly the way I had wanted to bring in the New Year . . . a quiet night at home was the plan and now, it is quiet and I'm home . . . but a few hours ago I was in the urgent care with Evan!  And - I pulled a "Mom" by almost fainting as my baby was screaming, with a bloody scalp and the doctor put THREE STAPLES in his HEAD!  Thankfully, Kerry is calm, cool and collected in these situations (maybe that's why Evan always wants him to go to the doctor with him!)Yes, Evan is the one that was in Urgent Care just a few months ago for glue and stitches to the head. . . and here we are again!  He fell off the bunkbed by the ladder - no brothers to blame  . . but on the way home Evan decided we should "saw" the top bunk off.  I simply suggested we not go up there - it would be a happy home for stuffed animals! Anyway, obviously I'm of no use when our children are bleeding or hurting.  As for Evan he is acting just fine, the ladicaine (sp) is keeping it numb and we go back in a week to have the staples removed -- I'm pretty sure Kerry will take him for that!

No comments: