Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Not as Awesome as Usual and a Cocktail Shot!

What a past few days it has been!  Although the little virus was short lived for Kyler- it hung around to play around with the asthma of Jayden, Evan and Kerry-- All of which were required to see a doc in order to be well by the trip!  Last week, when Jayden was "sick" and I was trying to baby him -- he informed me he wasn't "sick" he just "doesn't feel as Awesome as he usually does" --how GREAT is that statement?!Even though he wasn't up to true Awesome-ness potential - he didn't skip a beat with school or basketball! His team had a 5 game winning streak and was half way through the tournament!  The game was at 9:00 pm on Thursday night - he did a breathing treatment before and hacked all the way up and down the court - but never let it keep him down.  They lost - although I wasn't there to see the last part - Evan was in tears asking to go home and go to bed by 1st quarter (he wasn't feeling so Awesome either!).  I think Jayden was a little relieved that the season was coming to a close.  They had a great team and great season!

Here is a pic of Evan letting snoopy sleep on his shoulder while he chillaxed on the couch.  Evan and Snoop get some good play time while the boys are at school:) 

 Despite our decrease in Awesomeness we finished off last week a mid-day movie on Friday (the boys were out of school for parent/teacher conferences) - we saw Star Wars 3D and sat in the perfect spot - the back row, center!

On Saturday, we had a surprise party for Queen B, aka:  Auntie M!  It was my idea - but Mom did all the work:)!  She put on a great girly party for our Queen!

On Sunday, Jayden had his Birthday party at the Skating Rink - super fun - I will do a seperate post for that later!

And that brings us to the "cocktail" part of my title -- Not quite the cocktail I was hoping for this vacation week- for it involved a conkoction of  cordisone, antihistomine and lots of other good stuff delivered via a needle to the buttox!  Remember when I required the boys to all go to the doc last week . . .  well, good ole Mom shoulda gone too!  Come Monday morning round two had caught up with me - and I guess officially I'm a Pitts, but when it comes to sickness - I was wanting to crawl in bed, hear some "poor baby" and bedside potatoe soup from my Momma! Meds, a shot, and a day in bed and I am more Awesome than I was yesterday:)! Oh- and it snowed - and was pretty and we could've played in it -- maybe next time!

That brings us to Heart Day with my sweethearts!  No Sweetheart Banquet this year (yes, I was a slacker!) but I felt that I was doing good to have my children prepared for their Vday celebrations and to be at their parties this year!Kyler and Alec being silly.
Look how pretty and sweet Jalee is being and Kyler is being a goofball:)!

Jayden and some boys checking out their V-day goodies!

One of my four Awesome Valentines!

How AWESOME is it that we got all those fun things done when we weren't as Awesome as we usually are?!! AND - how Awesome is it that I am currently packed for Key West, just caught up on blogging, and am looking forward to a true "cocktail" beachside in the next day?! Pretty Awesome!!

No comments: