Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Growing Pains

Remember the first week of school when Evan rocked along as a new kindergartener - bebopping into class and excited about each and every day . . .  well - welcome back to reality - it hit him hard week two!  I don't know if it's because we had quite the traumatic weekend . .  you know, Evan witnessing his brother getting held down by drs to get an emergency shot, rushed to the ER and completely IGNORED even though he, himself had a wasp sting of his own (yes, he really did.  Normaly, he would have gotten some attention for that - but I'm pretty sure I used the words "suck it up - your ok" to my newby kindergartener this day!)  OR, maybe he just realized that he actually had to go to school FIVE days a week, regardless of his mood that morning. . .  whatever the reason - week two was not so hot for the Pitts!  I'm talking - crying (crocadile tears), screaming, clawing and "don't leave me", quivering lips and I miss my Mommy -- awwhh, breaks my heart!  Kerry even tried taking him - with the same reaction!  Every morning he cried before we left saying "I have a fever" in between sobs. And each evening he was pretty confident that he was going to have a "fever" the next morning.  We MAY have mentioned at some point that the only way to miss school was if you had a "fever".  Luckily, week three(to this point) drop off has been  completed  (at the door, not walked in) with no tears.  wheh!  Evan has now realized that required school, as fun as it is, just doesn't compare to PJ's and run of the house:)!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Glad things are going smoother this week. It's tough being the baby!

Love the update to the blog too!