Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Drill in One Hand and Glue Gun in the Other!

This weekend was NUTS!  I pretty much did not see my family, except to run home between Lowe's trips and shove food in my mouth!  I had renters moving into our newly purchased rental property on Sunday at noon and I had a tile backsplash to install . . uh- did I mention I've never layed tile! ha!
 Watching me lay tile would probably make my Dad cringe like watching me cook probably makes my Mom cringe!  I'm not big on measuring, reading directions . .  I pretty much just wing it and hope for the best!

I think it turned out pretty darn good!  I might just have to do ours at home!
 In between my tiling project (you have to let the thinset dry for like 16 hours!) I had some home-room Momming  duties to do!  Decorate Jayden's classroom and door decorations for Evan's class.
 The theme of Teacher Appreciation Week was "Bling into Spring"   . . a hard theme to work with!
I need a manicure like you wouldn't believe -- grout and thinset are rough on the nails!  I am relieved to have that finished and renters in!  Except that I had to quickly learn alot about a gas hot water heater today!  I might need a session of Landlord 101 from Dad!

No comments: