Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cincinnati Here We Are!

The Number 1 thing I have learned thus far on our trip: I was NEVER meant to be a nurse! (too bad, it's one of those sub-jobs under the title of "mom"!) . . . okay 1 more thing I learned. . .it is very difficult to force a stubborn, strong willed child to drink icky tasting medicine for 3 hours ---and will involve some serious negotiating skills!

Here's how our first 2 days have gone. . . We are traveling McDonald's to McDonald's in search of all 4 of the Battleforce Five Happy Meal toys. . .

After traveling through the middle of St. Louis (like ghetto--yes the GPS has redeemed itself since then) we DID have some luck at a McDonald's . . .
And we topped off Saturday night with a swim . . .



And started Sunday morning off with another Mcy D's success . . .

Ate an icee (since that is ALL the poor child can eat --"clear liquids"). . .





Enjoyed some rest time in the car, while poor Pop drove in the pouring rain and traffic . . .





Arrived in Cincinnati! and of course, hit the pool . . . .









I will spare you the details of the surgery prep . . .Kyler has been a trooper. . . and it only cost me a trip to walmart for a toy , 20 bucks from me and 20 bucks from Pop to get that liquid down! At one point he offered to do the enema for 100 bucks. . smart boy, might have been tempted to pay it, except he had to do 4!
I kept saying Sunday and Monday would be our most difficult days, so, just tomorrow to go! (Actually, today, I am posting this at 1:30 Arkansas time --that's 2:30 Cincinnati time!!!! uggghh-- I need to sleep!)
Monday's Schedule: GI Doctor appt at 8:30, Dexa Scan at 10:00 and Scopes at 1:30.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Just imagine what Jayden would do for 100 bucks! Your kids know that $ makes the world go round! :) Hope things get better. Send Kyler some love from his Auntie M and Uncle JA

Kara Oosterhous said...

Saying a little prayer for you guys. Keeping my fingers cross and will keep checking the blog for updates! Hang in there super mom!

The Williams said...

Poor little guy. I think I would have negotiated a little more on the enemas. Thinking about you guys and checking for updates. Tell sweet Kyler to hang in there!!!