Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The puzzle pieces are coming together. . . and some fun was had!

Remember when I said that Sunday and Monday would be his hardest days. . . lets add Tuesday morning to that! We were in the Allergy dept for almost 4 hours this morning . .(that's not the bad part). . . Dr. Abania was in with us getting a history for a large portion of the morning and things from birth til now are all "typical of EE kids" --typical . . haven't heard that in a drs. office with Kyler! He said he sees 4 to 5 EE kids a week! WOW! I feel things coming together, now.
The bad part: First, I would like to say that Kyler has had MANY skin prick tests, with no problems - usually he just sits there -- HE FREAKED OUT! I mean screamed, ran in the corner, refused to do anything, it took 2 nurses and me to HOLD him down while they put 75 pricks on his arms! And then we had to hold him for the 20 minutes while we waited on the results! I think that the stress of the last few days just came to a head today and he had all he could take! He was perfectly fine after he calmed down and it was over.
(((this picture is before the "freakout", he was great while I was talking to the Dr --today he watched "Night at the Museum"))))



This is him getting his patch tests. I will have to put a picture of the full thing before we take it off. It's kinda cool, they put babyfood of all these different foods in the stickers.
After our stressful morning it was time for some fun! First stop, the ZOO!


Kyler and Pop



Kyler and his monky suvenier he got.




Me and Kyler on the train. ..please ignore the 3 gigantic cold sores on my lip . . we can just remember that Mommy was under some STRESS during this time:)





Check out the Polar Bear in the background!





Then we went to the Cincinnati Reds game!





































I am glad we finally got to work in some fun today, and boy did he need it! We also worked in a little trip to Toys R Us in there somewhere! Thank goodness we have Pop to get us everywhere we need to be and do all our little duties for us:)!
What did we learn today? Kyler tested postive to two new things on the skin prick test RICE and lamb. We will see what this means later on in the week. I also learned that random hives/allergic reactions are "typical" of EE kids . . didn't know that, and Kyler has those . . again, puzzle pieces fitting together. Even though he has had the EE diagnosis since he was 2, the fact that we are fixing to do something about it and that his symptoms are like that of other kids, is nice to know. AND I like knowing that the GI doctor and the Allergist and the rest of the team are going to meet and put their minds together for treatment!
Wednesday's Schedule: 9:45 I have a seminar and tour of the lab---that's it! Kyler gets a break tomorrow-- and boy does he need it! I am going to take the shuttle from the hotel and Pop and Kyler are going relax and do whatever until I am through!

3 comments:

Kara Oosterhous said...

Bless your hearts. I'm so thankful that you guys are getting some answers. Hang in there. That little man is a trouper!

The Williams said...

So glad he got to have some fun today and will have the day off tomorrow. That is amazing that the doctor sees 45 kiddos like Kyler a week! I had no idea it was so common! Hang in there Roo!

Stephanie Wood Smith said...

Oh my goodness. I can't imagine the stress you are going through right now. Poor Kyler! I would freak out too if I had to get 75 pricks! I hope he has a fun day with your dad!