Sunday, September 26, 2010

Count your blessings: 1, 2, 3 . . .

I know . . I am behind on my blogging. . .and I was doing so good for a while! Things have been a little, well, emotional for me lately -- you see, I have worked for DHS in the past -- and I learned quickly to seperate myself from my work. I saw neglect, all kinds of abuse -- I seperated myself -- I dealt with crummy parents, drug addicts, court, fostercare ---I seperated myself. Then, I became a counselor and I worked to "fix" the effects of all this on children and up until now--- I have seperated myself. All I can say is the system is so very flawed!! And it breaks my heart to see children have to go through things when there seems to be logical ways to get them out of it -- but they don't fit within the system! It certainly makes me hug my kids a little more and throw in little life lessons with a turkey sandwich -- like, "some kids don't have this . . ", etc. Not to make them feel bad, but I want them to realize how very blessed they are. Sometimes being "blessed" means you use those blessing to help others . . .and I am trying to figure out how to do that!

So ---- If I have missed hair appointments (sorry Julee), not returned your phone call, or seemed short . . it's only because I am emotionally drained and my mind is preoccupied!

In the meantime, I have some catching up to do, because this Party of Five has had a great past 2 weeks . . .


Progress Reports: Wow Boys! Both Jayden and Kyler got great reports on their progress reports!! Kyler is hangin' in the hog pen -- hooray! and sporting all pluses!! Jayden is now getting real grades -- can I just say, A for Awesome! Not to mentioned that he has managed to keep that little fire cracker inside him from popping! Keep it up Boys!!


((picture of them at homework time))

Soccer, football and TIMBER: . . that is a sum up of last weekend (2 weeks ago). Pop and Auntie M joined us for all the sporting events and then on Sunday, Pop returned to cut down a dead tree!



The spectators . . .

Hoops and Hogs: that sums up THIS weekend! Thankfully, the world revolves around the HOGS up here, so football and soccer games were rescheduled because of the AR vs. Alabama game -- which gave us the perfect start for basketball! Kyler had a friend spend the night on Friday and then we started off the bball season on Saturday morning. Kerry, Auntie M and Jayden headed to the stadium that afternoon to do some hog calling!! I'm glad Jayden got some special time and he had a great time!










I think that sums it up. I will try to get back on track and keep up with my blogging. For now, I am vividly aware of my blessing and will continue to count them . . . 1, 2, 3 . .to infinity:)!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh, Melissa I can't imagine what you deal with, I know that seeing these things on the news, reading it in the newspapers is very tough, but seeing it first hand would be so incredibly hard, I will pray for you that you get through this tough time, I can't wait to see you at the reunion!!!