Monday, September 27, 2010

A Long Day: Cinci Day 2

We started the day off with some relaxation in the room and then headed to the hospital. This pic is of Kyler in the car --thank you Jay-bo for the use of your DSI - it came in handy! Little note to self - next time we are here (and we will be back in 3months probably) we need to figure out this transportation thing-- shuttles are okay to and from specific locations - but we need some food --KYLER SAFE food - and are sooo limited! I really wish I could have jumped in the car at times and gone to get things - I paid 4 bucks for A Popsicle (like ONE) at the hotel -- but boy was it just what he needed! Anyway ---besides being a little bored with all the waiting and being starving he was all good. They brought in some Transformers and the Transformer movie and he was much happier! Then, they came to get some info. from Research and gave him a 30 dollar gift card to Target for answering some questions -- talk about a happy kiddo!


Somehow, this picture was on my phone . . not sure how Kyler did this -- Mr. Techy! He was looking on my iphone as he was wheeled into the surgery room - picking out Transformers on Target.com!


Here he is before he went back, surrounded by Transformers.

RESULTS: I had such high hopes for this scope, but the doctor said it looks like everything is still active -- I kept saying, but the biopsies won't be ready until later - and he kept saying, but it looks active and showed me that the cells were thick. Officially, we won't know for sure until Friday. The doc went over the options with me. He feels that we are so invested in the elimination diet that we don't need to give up until we have removed the last 3 things that are common causes -- wheat, fish/seafood and legumes. Those don't sound so bad on their own, but add that to what he is already eliminating: egg, milk, soy, rice, oat, beef, pork, nuts - and you aren't left with much! Oh well, it's nothing we can't do! Corn and Potatoes might become our best friends! I haven't told Kyler any of this, he just knows that we are here to have the pictures taken off his stomach - and I won't tell him anything until we know for sure and have the plan. The dietitian and nurse will be calling me by Friday.

Tomorrow, our plane leaves at 10:45 - with a layover in Dallas - so we should be to Ft. Smith around 2:30 (because of the time difference). I asked Kyler if he likes flying or driving better and he said driving -- so, Pop I guess your shuttle service just can't be beat! Right now we are in bed eating popcorn and watching Toy Story III, a great way to end a long day:)!

1 comment:

Kara Oosterhous said...

Oh Man. you guys have been in my thoughts today. I'm so sorry that it wasn't the news you guys were hoping for. Hang in there sweet friend, if anyone can make it through this, it is you and that precious boy. Hugs, KMO