Sunday, December 6, 2009

The definition of Chaos. . .

"Mommy, you shouldn't call people names, it's not nice. . . . . Yes you did, You called me "chaos"!"
Quote from Kyler Pitts
12/05/2009
said while sobbing

Actually, I didn't call him "chaos". I was simply defining the situation. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, THIS is Chaos. . .

Saturday pancake breakfast at the school
3 anxious little boys, 1 mom (me -- and only me -- Kerry was helping Dad with floors)
1 travel pancake breakfast complete with syrup for Kyler
3 santa hats, 4 coats
Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, craft tables, classmates and lots of excitment

Add to that. . .

Kyler pulling up his shirt, pulling down his santa hat over his head and acting crazy and 1 slow moving line to see Santa

Conclude with. . .

Kyler running through the parking lot to get to the car and me dragging other 2 behind me.

THAT is CHAOS!

Once we were all back in the car we sat in disbelief. Jayden's reaction was one of awh and sincere concern for his little brother. The same little brother who has had his Christmas list since Halloween, the one who prides himself on his secure placement on the nice list. That same little brother had in one fail swoop knocked himself onto the Naughty List. Not only did he fall apart in public, but he did so in the presense of Santa, Mrs. Claus and 100's of unseen elves who were there but for the sole purpose of reporting behavior back to the north pole! Kyler knew his fate. . . his response (while sobbing). . ."I KNOW I'M ON THE NAUGHTY LIST!, I don't know what happened ,I was just outta control"

I believe that Santa understands that a lose of control every now and then just happens. Kyler, however, is determined to insure his rightful place on the nice list, and jumps to attention with the mention of Santa.

Thankfully, chaos occurs in spurts!

1 comment:

Stephanie Wood Smith said...

LOL! This made me laugh so hard!