Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What's going on around here. . . ?


How do you like my dining room? No, a tornado did not hit our house. This is destruction week. (well, actually it has been destruction past 6 months!--but this is the closing week! )Although, my house is a mess at present time, come Monday morning (right, Dad?) I will have BEAUTIFUL hardwood floors!!!!! So, all this mess is worth it!

This is before. . . and I will post my "after" shot next week.

Mommy's Little Helper: This is Evan's idea of helping me do laundry. I had to get a shot of it, because he does this EVERY time. He says, "I want to help". He is in charge of putting the clothes in and the soap (his favorite part!).

This is just Jayden, being Jayden. He communicates alot by hand signals these days! No picture of Kyler this time, but I have a funny story I don't want to forget . . .

On Monday when I picked Kyler up from school, he told me I was in serious trouble! "ALWAYS check my pockets before you send me to school!". Apparantly, I had washed and dried his pants with a pocket knife in them -- so to Kyler's surprise, he realized when he got to school that he had a POCKET KNIFE in HIS pocket!!! If you will remember taking a pocket knife to school is spoken of frequently in our home, because of Jayden's "pocket knife incident". KYLER WAS HORRIFIED! I am sure that suspension, police, squad cars, etc were running through his mind! He told me that he found out if you move "rrrrreeeaaalllly SSSSLLLLOOOWWW" you can't hear it moving around in his pocket. So, he wasn't able to run at recess or move around at a normal speed ALL DAY LONG. (I am sure teachers were wondering what the heck was up with Kyler today!) He was relieved to be home and get that thing out of his pocket. Note to self. . . . CHECK POCKETS -(you'd think I would know this by now!)

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Your kids always crack me up!